IntroductionFaceCropper automatically detects face images at each frame of a video file and saves those images in a specified folder. This is useful for building up your own face database.
Downloads and Installation
- FaceCropper runs on Windows 2000/XP.
- Download and unzip this zip file.
- Run FaceCropper.exe
- FaceCropper is Copyright © 2006 by Fengjun Lv. All rights reserved.
- FaceCropper is provided as Freeware. If you find FaceCropper useful, the author of FaceCropper would appreciate it if you mention the software in your publications or add the following banner on your site.
- FaceCropper is provided "AS-IS". No warranty of any kind is expressed or implied. The author will not be liable for data loss, damages, loss of profits or any other kind of loss while using or misusing the software.
- Any trademarks mentioned here are the property of their respective owners.
- Open a video file using menu command "File->Open avi file..." or the equivalent toolbar button
- Play the video using the toolbar button or stop it using
- Navigate through the video using the following toolbar buttons
- : Go to the first frame (Keyboard: Home)
- : Go to the previous frame (Keyboard: PageUp)
- : Go to the specified frame (Keyboard: Ctrl+g)
- : Go to the next frame (Keyboard: PageDown)
- : Go to the last frame (Keyboard: End)
- To enable face detection, press the toolbar button . Press again to disable.
- To save the detected face images, press the toolbar button . A dialog box will pop up asking for the output folder. Once a face is detected, the image will be saved as a bitmap file in the specified folder. The name has the format "aaaaaa_bbb_ccc_ddd_eeee.bmp", where aaaaaa is the frame number, bbb, ccc, ddd and eee are left, top, right and bottom border of the detected region. Press again to disable this feature.
- The status bar at the bottom shows the frame number, width and height of the video file and the mouse cursor position.
DemoTry FaceCropper on this video (*) and you will get a result like this.
 Paul A. Viola, Michael J. Jones: Robust Real-Time Face Detection. International Journal of Computer Vision 57(2): 137-154 (2004)
* The original video is obtained from YouTube.com. If you are the owner of this video and you don't want it displayed here, please contact me.
FaceCropper © 2006 Fengjun Lv
Last update: 10/25/2006 (check html)