Visualize data sequencesThis tool visualizes data files in the same folder with pseudo colors.
- In the following dialog, specify the source folder
Each data file is a 2D array of numbers in text. All data files in the same folder should have the same dimension (number of rows and columns).
This function supports subfolders, which means your can visualize multiple sequences at a time.
- The colormap that comes with VIPBase is the same as the default colormap used in Matlab, which has 64 levels and looks like:
You can specify your own colormap, which is a text file and each line contains r,g,b values for one level. If you leave the "Color map file" box blank, VIPBase will use a 256-level grayscale colormap.
- If the option "Scale according to global range" is on, VIPBase will find the the maximum and minimum value in the sequence and rescale them to the full range of the colormap. Otherwise, VIPBase will use the data value as the index in the colormap.
- If the option "Vertical flip" is on, all generated images will be vertically flipped.
- Click the "Visualize" button to start the process. VIPBase will generate one image (in BMP format) for each data file. The image is saved in the same folder as the data file. The file names are also the same except for the extension. Examples of visualized results are shown as follows:
VIPBase © 2006 Fengjun Lv
Last update: 08/01/2006 (check html)